New Year New Initiative: Here it goes……
2020 in Perspective
2019 was one of the toughest years I have experienced this far and whewwwww CHILDDDDD! I thank God that I am even able to use this platform again. I stayed away because I felt that I had nothing positive to offer anyone which was very unfair to anyone who has stuck with me through the hardest phase of my life. I had to keep reminding myself what my intention of starting this blog was. I will not highlight my lows of 2019 just yet: all I will share about last year is that I made so many decisions I thought would bring me so much peace, but they had the exact opposite effect on me. I cried, hurt people, laughed, and had more bad days than good, but I am still standing. With these decisions came a lot of repercussions that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. However, this made me realize that I still had more healing to while I also try to forgive myself for my mistakes.
As I continue to reinvent myself and learn to appreciate where I am in life, I continue to repeat these two statements to myself from the book ‘More than enough- Elaine Welteroth.’
1. There are lessons to learn from every interaction and or experience, positive or negative which reveal something about me (you) that is worth knowing to get through whatever the next phase of your life is
2. Nothing bad ever happens to me, it is all to learn and grow.
This year I want more:
• Fruitful relationships
• Continue to enjoy my spiritual journey
• Keep my mental health as a number priority this year
• To stay teachable: be willing to learn something new, and accept that I am not always right
I wish you all the same!
To a more intentional 2020!!!
Here is a link to the book referenced above: https://www.amazon.com/More-Than-Enough-Claiming-Matter/dp/0525561587/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2MK9BANQGZXR4&keywords=more+than+enough+elaine+welteroth&qid=1578451992&sprefix=more+than%2Caps%2C128&sr=8-1